It’s 2013, the start of a New Year, and it’s tradition to begin any new year with a set of fitness goals. How many times have you heard someone say, “my resolution is to get in shape this year?” And yet, so many of those people fail to reach their goals. Maybe you have been that person before, but Yvette, Whitney, and I are here to help make sure that this year will be different for you!
The first thing you need to do is WRITE DOWN your OBJECTIVE set of goals. It’s not good enough to just write, “get fit.” The goals have to be measurable. Maybe you want to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks. Maybe you want to fit into a size 6 pant by April. Those are measurable, objective goals. Then you got to identify and commit to a plan of action. This is where so many people fail. The plan has to be reasonable, and motivational. Maybe you commit to attending kettlebell classes 3 times a week for the next 3 months. Or maybe you come to class often, but fail to train outside of class. For that person, maybe a reasonable plan is to train for 20 minutes, twice a week, for the next 6 months. Your plan of action must be something you can commit to, and stay consistent with, or else you will fail to achieve your objective, measurable goals.
So now we have goals that are well defined, that can be measured, and we have a plan to reach those goals in a specified time frame that’s reasonable. Another area people fail is maintaining social support. Why do you think kettlebell classes are so popular, and growing so fast? Because people make friend there! Because it is easier to train with other people, because those people motivate you not to quit. Those of you who have failed over and over again at your fitness goals, I bet you have never considered this component. You must find a group to support you in your goals and your fitness training. Attending regular kettlebell classes at Maryland Kettlebells will ensure that you form those relationships that keep you motivated and consistent in your day to day plan. Only then can you expect to stick to your plan, and thereby achieve your objective, measurable goals you have written down. The bottom line is, if you are not attending kettlebell classes at least twice a week, you will likely fail to reach your fitness goals this year. Make the time to get here….I don’t want to hear the excuse, “I don’t have time!” We all live busy lives…make the time….
Arguably the most important piece of the puzzle is nutrition. The old adage is “80% of your training is dependent upon what you put in your body.” If you eat crap, your body will look and perform like crap. It really is that simple. For a sound nutritional program, ditch the processed foods and stick to what nature intended you to eat. If you can’t kill it, grow it in the soil, or pick it off a plant…don’t eat it. Familiarize yourself with how Yvette and I eat, and you can be on your way to having the body we enjoy : http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/
But even the best of us fail at this some of the times, and even more important is that the foods we have available today are not nutrient dense like they were for our great grandparents. Supplementation is key. Anyone who is truly serious about their health needs to eat well AND supplement their diet. No exceptions. How do you know where to start? Well, email me! I can direct you to the single best source of high quality supplementation at extremely affordable costs. This company completely embarrasses all the other supplement companies on the market in effectiveness, quality, and safety!
I’ll leave you with two thoughts. Your initial commitment to training will leave you sore. Do NOT use ibuprofen or other NSAIDS to solve this problem. Doing so will kill your GI system, kidneys, and liver. Don’t believe me? Read more here: http://youcanbefit.com/overdrive.html If you want to try overdrive, and save 30% off the retail price, act now by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And for those of you who missed our newsletter announcing our comprehensive weight management program, read below. This may be the key to you jump starting your New Year’s fitness goals. If you wish to discuss more about the program, email me right away. Time is limited in the number of participants that can take advantage of the 30% off discounted pricing, so act quickly!
Weight Management Program!Over the years so many of our patients have asked about weight loss and weight management. Many have tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Medifast with mixed results. Most have eventually gained the weight back :(
Suffer no longer. We now have the most advanced program available anywhere! Why can I say this? We address ALL the issues dealing with weight management:
1. Eating proper food - we will get you started eating the right food .... that is, real food that actually tastes good! Poor food choices and nutrient void food cause all sorts of metabolic changes preventing proper weight loss like low stomach acid, food cravings, and many nutritient deficiencies - see #3.
2. Jump starting you with the right meal replacement formula that will be used only for the short term. Many of these plans hook you on their food or meal replacement formulas for the long term.
3. Getting you started on the right nutrients. This is a BIG one because virtually everyone is nutrient deficient. The majority of the population shows a minimum intake of the following nutrients: vitamin B-6, folate, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-12, phosphorus, iron, copper, magnesium and selenium. Many are also deficient in vitamins C, A, D, E and calcium. These nutrient deficiencies are one of the main reasons weight loss programs are unsuccessful and cause havoc on the body. Minimum intakes are WAY below the amount necessary for optimal health.
4. The right exercise program. Nuff said here, we are the experts in this area without a doubt!
5. A way to deal with the excess skin from successful weight loss. Ever hear of the Galvanic Body Spa? If not, boy, are you in for a treat! This amazing device will help melt away cellulite and excess skin! Ask to see pictures!
6. Support - if you do not have a support system, long term success is doubtful.